Sunday, June 20, 2010

What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

I am afraid to use peroxide now because everybody has advised me against it. My hair is always thick and I had light brown hair. My hair has natural red tones in it anyway. I would like to go lighter than what I am now. Will it hurt to try and re-color it using the same level and same product again? I like my hair this color but I want to take out the orange tones and go lighter.



What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

Go to a beauty supply store and buy a drabber, it will remove the brassy orange without removing the color. What happened is that it is harder to remove the red that it is the brown, so some of our hair ended up orange. (I had almost the same thing happen when i went from dyed black to blond, I ended up with bright pink!



I looked like Ronald McDonald. They got most of it out and the rest I cut off except for some pink in my bangs which I liked.)



Wish I had known about a drabber before I cut my hair.



What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

The color on the box is not necessarily what your result will be. Take your hair color...then think about what will happen if you mix it with the color on the box and you will get the combo. What you need to do is leave your hair alone for 24 - 48 hours and also do not wash it to let the natural oils build up. Then dye it again with a med. ash blond. You will still get the slight orange tones if you have them now, but it will be better. Each time you dye it, it will get less orange. Once you get all the orange out, you can dye it lighter ash blond



OR



seek professional help at a salon. They can fix it.



What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

Hair dilemmas are my specialty. For a quick fix, try a blue toned shampoo, that might help take out some of the brassiness. You definitely don't want to re-color over bleached hair; it'll just make it worse. I'd really recommend seeing a professional colorist if you're unhappy with the results, but in the mean time, check out http://beauty.ivillage.com/hair/color/0,... for tips on how to tone down brassy color.



What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

You are going to have to highlight blonde, don't redo the color, it will hurt your hair, this way with the highlights, it will look multi-toned.



What will remove the orange tones from my hair that I dyed ash blond a day ago?

If you want to go at this on your own... think of the color wheel. Complimentary color (those across from each other on the color wheel) will create a neutral color when mixed. For example red and green make brown... or blonde... depending on the darkness. So, with this theory, if your hair seems orange... you would want something with a blue base. Most ash hair colors (especially those bought in a box from the grocery store) have a green base. The green is too close on the color wheel to cancel out the orange you are seeing.



As another above wrote... try a blue colored shampoo for instant fix. But unless you are able to get professional coloring products I would also suggesting going to a salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd